- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon maple extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour*
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 strips bacon, cooked until crispy and crumbled
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 325°F and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer or electric beaters, beat butter with both sugars. Add vanilla, maple extract and eggs; beat on low speed until just incorporated.
- Add dry ingredients and beat until well combined. Fold in bacon crumbles.
- Scoop dough into 16 very large dough balls and place on a cookie sheet. Suggest using an extra large cookie scoop that holds about 3 tablespoons of dough to make large cookies.
- Bake cookies for 12-13 minutes until cookies look puffy and just start to turn golden on top. Do not overbake!
- Take cookies out even if they look like they’re not 100% done yet, they will finish setting up as they cool.
- Let cookies cool on pan for a minimum of 10 minutes before moving them.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Jessica Segarra @TheNoviceChef.