Patriotic American Flag Cake
- 1 box yellow or white cake mix
- 2 cups (16 ounce container) whipping cream
- 1/3 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 2 pints fresh raspberries or strawberries
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions in a 13 x 9 inch baking pan.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Whip cream, sugar and vanilla in a chilled large bowl on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Frost cake with the whipped cream icing.
- Place blueberries in upper left hand corner of cake. Leave enough room on top and left side of blueberries for a row of icing.
- Place raspberries or strawberries in lines to form stripes of the American flag. Leave enough room between rows for rows of icing.
- Once all berries are in place, load one cup of icing into a pastry bag with a star tip. Pipe rows of icing in between and around berries. Repeat as necessary to finish cake.
- Refrigerate to set icing and until ready to serve.