Peach Cobbler Wontons with Bourbon Whipped Cream
Bourbon Whipped Cream
- 1 cups very cold heavy cream
- 1/3 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tablespoon bourbon
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a baking safe dish, combine peaches, butter, light brown sugar, cinnamon, and Kosher salt. Roast, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Remove from oven, stir mixture well, and cook for 15 more minutes, or until peaches are fork tender. Let cool completely.
- Place a little bowl of water next to your workstation as a "wash" to help seal wontons. Working one at a time, add 1 small spoonful of peach cobbler mixture into the center of each wonton wrapper. Be careful not to overfill or else it will be very difficult to seal the wonton. Dip a finger into the water, and trace the perimeter of the wonton wrapper. Bring all four corners of the wonton wrapper to a point on top and tightly seal all edges. Make sure there are no air pockets or holes in the wonton. Place sealed wontons under a moistened paper towel to avoid drying out.
- Dip fingers in water and very quickly and lightly moisten wonton wrappers. Sprinkle generously with granulated sugar.
- To fry wontons, add 1 to 1 1/2 inches of vegetable oil to a skillet or pot over medium-high heat. Once hot (wontons will sizzle when it hits the oil) and working in batches, fry wontons approximately 1 to 2 minutes, turning over if needed, until they are golden brown. Remove to a paper towel lined baking sheet so excess oil can drain.
- While cooling, prepare Bourbon Whipped Cream. In the bowl of stand mixer or in a medium mixing bowl fitted with an electric hand mixer, beat the cream, powdered sugar, vanilla, and bourbon on medium/medium-high speed until stiff peaks form. Taste and add additional bourbon if desired.
- Top wontons with Bourbon Whipped Cream and serve immediately.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Chris Cockren at Shared Appetite.