Peach Fruit Roll Ups
- Preheat oven to 170°F.
- Place peaches, sugar and lemon juice in a food processor or blender and process until smooth, about 1 minute. Taste and depending on the ripeness of your peaches, add additional sugar if need.
- Pour onto an 11x17 inch baking sheet lined with a Silpat or parchment paper cut to size. With a spatula, spread the peach puree evenly. Place in the oven and bake for 5 to 6 hours until dry yet tacky but no longer wet. The cooking time will depend on your oven and the humidity of the day. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Using a computer and printer or handwriting on an 8 1/2 x 11 inch piece of paper, write out 7 quotes, sayings, or notes. Get as fun or as personal as you want. Space them out evenly on the paper, about 1 1/2 inches apart. Repeat with a second piece of paper, creating 14 messages total.
- Careful not to tear, peel fruit leather from the Silpat or parchment paper and place on a clean surface. Using scissors or a sharp knife cut the fruit leather in half creating two 5 ½ x 8 ½ inch sheets. At this time, cut 4 pieces of parchment paper into 8 ½ x 11-inch sheets.
- On a clean surface lay down a sheet of fruit leather. Place a sheet of parchment paper on top, then 1 page of notes facing up, and then another piece of parchment paper. The reason for the two sheets of parchment paper is not only to keep the fruit leather away form the non-edible ink but also to keep any moisture in fruit leather from ruining the note. Secure stack well with paperclips. Repeat with remaining sheet of fruit leather.
- With scissors cut in between notes creating 1 ½ inch strips. Flip strips over with fruit leather side facing up. Roll each strip up and tie with string or secure with a piece of tape. Repeat until all fruit roll ups are made. Store in an airtight container.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Meredith Steele @InSockMonkeySlippers.