Peach Pecan Sausage Cornbread Stuffing
- One 9-inch pan baked cornbread, crumbled
- 1 package (16 ounces) pork sausage roll
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup dried peaches, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place corn bread onto a large baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Cook sausage, celery and onion in large skillet over medium-high heat 8-10 minutes or until sausage is thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently; drain. Stir in peaches, brown sugar and thyme. Cook and stir for 4 minutes.
- Spoon into a large bowl. Add cornbread, 1/2 of pecans and parsley; mix lightly. Add broth; mixing just until blended.
- Spoon into lightly greased 2 quart casserole dish; cover. Top with remaining pecans.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until hot, uncovering after 35 minutes.