Peach Pudding with Ginger Crumble
- 4 1/2 cups whole milk
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- Fresh peaches, about 6 medium
- 1 cup gingersnap crumbs (about 20 cookies)
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1/2 tablespoon Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- Pinch kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Whipped topping or cream
- In a medium saucepan, heat 4 cups of milk over medium heat until hot, but not boiling.
- While milk heats, whisk egg yolks for 30 seconds to 1 minutes until well combined. Add remaining 1/2 cup milk, sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Whisk until combined.
- Pour 1/2 of hot milk into egg mixture, whisking until smooth. Gradually whisk egg mixture into hot milk in pan, whisking constantly. Continue whisking constantly as mixture comes to a boil, then cook for 5 minutes, until thickened. Remove from heat and whisk in vanilla bean paste.
- Let cool for about 20 minutes, stirring frequently. Meanwhile, peel and chop 5 peaches to make about 1 cup chopped. Stir chopped peaches into cooled pudding and pour into 6 glasses or bowls. Press plastic wrap onto top of each pudding. Refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- While pudding chills, make crumble. Stir crumbs, crystallized ginger, sugar, and salt together. Add melted butter and stir until combined. Pour into a skillet and cook over medium heat until slightly crispy, about 5 minutes. Remove to a plate to cool.
- Peel and slice last peach.
- Top puddings with whipped topping or whipped cream, crumble, and sliced peaches.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Bridget Edwards @Bake at 350.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments