- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, soft
- 2/3 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 7 tablespoons (100g) unsalted butter, soft
- 1/2 cup (100g) Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup (100g) almond flour (not almond meal)
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons (12g) all-purpose flour*
- 5 large ripe peaches
- A few pistachios for decoration
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- For crust mix butter and powdered sugar using a paddle attachment until well blended. Add egg and mix until well combined. Add salt and vanilla.
- Add flour in one step and on low speed mix until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Press dough evenly flat onto a sheet of plastic food film. Place dough in refrigerator or freezer for at least 30 minutes or until well chilled.
- Meanwhile, chill work surface area that you will be rolling dough on by placing 1-2 cookie sheets filled with ice cubes on the area. Set aside a 9, or 10-inch tart pan
- Sprinkle chilled area lightly with flour and roll dough into a circle large enough to cover entire tart pan. Place dough into place and remove excess. Press dough into any cracks or tears.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. For frangipane mix together soft butter and sugar until well combined and lump free.
- Add eggs one at a time waiting for previously added egg to be fully incorporated before adding next.
- Add almond flour and once combined add almond extract and salt. Mix in flour.
- Spread frangipane into tart pan.
- Peaches are not peeled. Cut peaches in half and cut each half in 5 equal wedges.
- Place peach wedges into a circle and in spoon fashion covering frangipane.
- Place in oven and bake about 50 minutes or until center of tart, if gently pressed, bounces back.
- Remove from tart pan when cooled.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and decorate with a few pistachios.