Peaches and Cream Slab Pie
- 2 refrigerated or homemade pie crusts
- 6 cups sliced peaches
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 boxes (3.4 oz each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup milk
- 4 cups heavy cream, divided
- 2/3 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Additional peach slices for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Stack pie crust discs on top of each other on a floured surface. Roll out into a 17 x 12-inch rectangle. Gently fold into fourths, then transfer to a 15 x 10-inch baking sheet. Unfold and press into pan, crimping edges. Prick crust all over with a fork.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until lightly browned around edges. Cool completely.
- Combine peaches, sugar, corn starch, and lemon juice in a large saucepan. Let sit for 5-10 minutes to draw out juices.
- Bring to a simmer over medium/high heat, stirring frequently, until thickened and juices turn clear. Cool completely. Spread over cooled pie crust.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until creamy and smooth. Add pudding mix and 1 cup milk, beating until combined. Add 1 cup heavy cream. Mix until combined. Spread over peach layer to edges of pie crust. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Beat remaining 3 cups heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract in a large bowl until stiff peaks form. Spread over pie in an even layer.
- Slice into squares and top with additional peach slices for decoration just before serving.
Imperial Sugar Insight
If using frozen peaches thaw and drain first. If using canned peaches, drain well. If using fresh peaches, peel, pit, and slice before using.
Best enjoyed the same day.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Amy Nash from @houseofnasheats.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments