Peachy Quick Breakfast
- 1 slice bread of choice
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh peaches (thawed if frozen)
- Dash cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Spray a microwave-safe single-serving cup with cooking spray. Break bread into small pieces and cover bottom of bowl.
- Top with peaches. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
- In a small cup, lightly beat egg and add milk and vanilla. Pour over peaches.
- Microwave, uncovered, on medium-high for 1 minute. Remove and stir. Place back in microwave for an additional 90 seconds. Remove cup every 30 seconds and stir.
- Let stand for 2 minutes. Sprinkle with additional cinnamon and sugar if desired.
Imperial Sugar Insight
This recipe first appeared in the Homemade Good News Cookbook Vol. IX No. 2.
Definitely use a larger mug for this recipe as the wet ingredients will bubble up and may overflow in the microwave. I'd also check for doneness after a few minutes--10 minutes in the microwave seemed a bit too long. But it's a healthy, tasty breakfast that's quick to make!