- 2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup white corn syrup
- 2 cups raw peanuts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- Liberally coat a 9x13-inch baking sheet with butter or cover entirely with a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- In a large, non-stick saucepan, bring water to a boil over medium heat and then stir in sugar until dissolved.
- Next, stir in corn syrup, peanuts, and salt. Using a candy thermometer, cook syrup, stirring occasionally, to hard crack stage (300°F).
- Remove from heat and stir in butter and baking soda. Carefully pour onto prepared baking sheet. Spread mixture rapidly with spatula.
- Once cool, crack into chunks. Store in tightly covered containers.
Worst candy recipe ever. Followed to the letter, using candy thermometer. Recipe gives no heat setting or approx. timeframe in which the candy mixtures will reach 300 degrees. Mine never reached past 250, and scorched all of the sudden (despite ongoing stirring). ENTIRE batch goes in the TRASH. Save yourself the headache and choose a simpler recipe. ?
nice and easy