Peanut Buster Parfait Pie
Chocolate Cookie and Peanut Crust
- 20 whole chocolate sandwich cookies
- 1/4 cup roasted, salted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- Pinch fine sea salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup Dutch process cocoa (such as Hershey's Special Dark)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 10 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 pints vanilla bean ice cream
- 1/2 cup roasted, salted peanuts (half chopped fine, half left whole)
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Whirl cookies and salted peanuts in a food processor until they form small crumbs. Add sugar and salt; pulse to combine. Measure out 2 cups and discard rest. Pour melted butter over crumbs and stir. Press into and up the sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Bake 8 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- To make fudge sauce, heat water, sugar, and corn syrup until boiling. Remove from heat. Whisk in cocoa and vanilla. Add chopped chocolate and let sit 3 minutes. Stir until melted and combined. Let sit until cooled. Sauce will thicken.
- When crust and sauce are cooled, pour 1/3 cup sauce onto bottom of pie crust and swirl to cover. Freeze for 20 minutes.
- Let ice cream sit at room temperature for 15 minutes to soften. Spoon into a large bowl. Use a large wooden spoon to stir the softened ice cream together until smooth. Scoop into frozen crust, smoothing with an offset spatula. Return pie to freezer for at least 30 minutes. Place fudge sauce in refrigerator.
- Remove from freezer and quickly spoon fudge sauce to cover ice cream, but not spilling over sides. Sprinkle chopped peanuts around edge. Add whole peanuts over chopped. Freeze for at least 2 hours to set.
- For easy cutting, run a bench scraper under hot water. Wipe off water and press down into pie to make wedges. Bench scraper will make clean cuts through crust. Cover and return any leftovers to the freezer.
Imperial Sugar Insight