Peanut Butter Brownie Cake Pops
- 1 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter or margarine
- 3 squares (1 ounce) unsweetened chocolate
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1 cup prepared Chocolate Butter Cream Frosting
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped peanuts
- 36 lollipop sticks
- 1 package (20 ounces) vanilla or chocolate almond bark, chopped
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Spray an 8 x 8 inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Combine sugar, butter and chocolate in a heavy saucepan; heat over low heat stirring occasionally until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Cool.
- Add eggs one at a time until well combined. Stir in vanilla and flour. Spread into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- Crumble brownies into a large bowl. Add frosting; beat on low speed with an electric mixer until combined.
- Stir in 1/4 cup of peanut butter. Using ice cream scoop shape into 1 1/2 inch balls. Place on prepared pans. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Remove from freezer; insert lollipop stick; freeze 60 minutes more or until firm.
- Melt almond bark over a double boiler until melted. Dip brownie pops into melted candy; tapping off excess chocolate.
- Sprinkle with chopped peanuts. Place on prepared tray. Allow chocolate to set.
- Store in covered containers in refrigerator until ready to serve. Allow to come to room temperature before serving.