Peanut Butter Chocolate Whirligigs
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, peanut butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until creamy.
- Add egg and beat until combined. Scrape bottom and sides of bowl.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix until combined. Set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, and butter. Melt for 60-90 seconds, stopping every 30 seconds to stir until smooth.
- Roll out cookie dough 1/4-inch thick between two large pieces of plastic wrap or waxed paper. Remove top layer of plastic wrap and spread melted chocolate on dough in an even layer.
- Use plastic wrap or waxed paper to roll cookie dough into a tight log from long side. Wrap tightly and chill in fridge for 30-45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Once dough has chilled, unwrap and slice into 1/4-inch discs using a serrated knife. Arrange on baking sheet spaced 2-3 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until lightly browned around edges. Cool on a wire rack.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Amy Nash from @houseofnasheats.