Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Pie
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter cookie crumbs
- 2 cups Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup extra-crunchy peanut butter
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 container (4 oz) whipped topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Blend cookie crumbs, brown sugar, butter in a medium bowl. Reserve 2 tablespoons for decorating. Press into a 9-inch pie plate, pressing into bottom and up sides. Bake for 3-5 minutes. Let cool completely.
- To make filling, beat cream cheese, peanut butter, and sugar in bowl of an electric mixer until well combined. Gradually add milk until well blended. Add vanilla. Gently fold in whipped topping.
- Pour into cooled shell and sprinkle with remaining cookie crumbs. Chill for 4 hours. Slice and serve.
Imperial Sugar Insight
This classic recipe first appeared in the 1988 edition of the Homemade Good News Cookbook Vol. IX.