Peanut Butter Crunch Crispies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, soft
- 2 cups Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup extra crunchy peanut butter
- 4 egg whites, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 1/2 cups chopped peanuts
- 1 cup quick oats (not old-fashioned or instant)
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut, shredded
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare cookie sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Combine butter, sugar, and peanut butter in a large bowl. Beat at medium speed until well blended. Add egg whites and vanilla, mix well.
- Whisk flour, baking soda, and baking powder together. Mix into creamed mixture at low speed until just blended.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir in cereal. Next add chopped peanuts and stir. Lastly, add coconut and mix.
- Drop dough by 1 1/2 cup cookie scoop of dough onto prepared cookie sheets. Place 2 inches apart to make room for spreading.
- Bake for 13 minutes, or until set. Do not overbake. Let cookies rest on cookie sheets for 5 minutes before moving to wire rack to cool.
- Store airtight for up to 5 days.
Yummy! I was looking for a different peanut butter cookie recipe and this one turned out great! I forgot to put the coconut in at first so a few didn't have it in them but it made a huge difference. The coconut really makes the cookies!