Peanut Butter Cup Mini Pies
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
Peanut Butter Filling
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 4 oz semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
Homemade Whipped Cream (garnish, optional)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray two 5-inch pie/tartlet baking dishes with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, butter and brown sugar. Divide crumb mixture evenly among tartlet pans. Using the back of a spoon, press firmly along bottom and up sides.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes or until graham cracker crust is lightly golden. Set aside to cool completely.
- Add heavy cream to bowl of a stand mixer and beat on medium speed until firm peaks form. Remove from bowl.
- In the same bowl (it’s ok if a bit of remaining whipped cream remains), add peanut butter and cream cheese and beat until smooth. Add powdered sugar, vanilla and salt and beat until well combined. Remove bowl from mixer.
- Gently fold whipped cream into peanut butter filling with a spatula until fully incorporated.
- Spoon peanut butter filling into tartlet pans and place into freezer to firm, for about an hour.
- In a medium-sized sauce pan over medium heat bring heavy cream to an almost gentle boil. Remove from heat. Add chocolate, a few pieces at a time, whisking vigorously until completely combined. Allow chocolate to cool, stirring occasionally. Chocolate will thicken as it cools.
- Once filling is set, pour some chocolate ganache over peanut butter filling and spread with the back of a spoon.
- Return to freezer to set for an additional 4 hours.
- When ready to serve, have whipped cream topping prepared before removing pies from the freezer. Garnish with whipped cream if desired.
- Serve pies chilled.
Imperial Sugar Insight
- This recipe will also work in a 8-inch pie dish if you prefer a single pie.
- Make one for now and one for later. The mini pies can be frozen for up to 7 days.
- Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Aimee Broussard @SouthernFromScratch.