Peanut Butter Spider Cookies
- Prepare Chef Eddy's Mint Truffles (omitting peppermint extract) or refer to time saving alternatives below. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mix peanut butter and sugar. Add egg and vanilla and mix well.
- Shape into 1 tablespoon size balls. Flatten gently to prevent cracking sides.
- Dip into sugar (optional) and place on parchment lined cookie sheets. Use your thumb to press a thumb size indention in center of each cookie.
- Place in oven and bake for 8 minutes. Remove briefly from oven and use a wine cork or bottle cap to repress the each indention. Bake an additional 2 minutes and remove from oven. Allow to cool completely before proceeding.
- Melt candy melts or chocolate over very low- barely simmering water.
- Pour into a piping bag or into a plastic food storage bag and cut a tiny hole in one corner. Pipe 8 spider legs on each cookie.
- Glue candy eyes onto truffle spider heads with melted chocolate and pipe a small amount of chocolate into center of cookie to adhere candy heads onto each cookie.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Time Saving Tip! Substitute store bought truffles or even peanut butter cups for the homemade truffle spider heads.