- 6 Bosc pears, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour*
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup packed Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon of pure maple syrup
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Thinly slice pears and discard cores. Add to a large bowl with granulated sugar, and spices. Gently toss to combine and coat pears.
- Spread into a large baking dish, or two smaller loaf pans and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, oats, brown sugar, vanilla extract, and salt and stir to combine evenly. Cut in chilled butter pieces with a pastry blender or fork until mixture forms clumps.
- Add small clumps of topping over fruit to cover entire pan and drizzle with maple syrup.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until topping is golden-brown and fruit filling is bubbling. Remove from oven and serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of caramel sauce. Enjoy!
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Ashley Schoenith @heirloomedblog.