Pecan Brittle Candy
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, soft
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Lightly butter a 9x13 inch pan or use a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- In a 1 quart saucepan bring pecans, sugar, water, honey, salt, and vanilla extract to a boil. Using a wooden or heat resistant rubber spatula stir the mixture to 300°F. Remove from heat.
- Add butter and stir until melted. Add baking soda and cinnamon and immediately pour mixture onto prepared pan.
- Using a spatula press and stretch the brittle to size of pan.
- Once cooled break in pieces and store airtight.