Pecan Pound Cake With Orange Glaze
Pecan Pound Cake
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 3/4 cup + 1 cup pecan pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 sticks (16 tablespoons) + 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, soft
- 1 3/4 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup orange juice, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons concentrated orange juice (most intense flavor) or orange juice
- 2 tablespoons orange zest, no white bitter pith
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1/3 cup candied orange peel (optional)
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter and flour or coat a 9- or 10-inch tube pan with baking spay and set aside.
- Place 1 1/2 cups of previously measured flour in a blender or food processor. Add 3/4 cup pecan pieces and blend until pecan pieces are finely ground as cornmeal. Be careful not to blend it too much or a paste may develop.
- Add baking powder and baking soda to remaining flour and sift together. Stir in pecan flour mixture and stir together until very well distributed and set aside.
- Mix butter until fluffy; add sugar and mix until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time waiting for previously added egg to be fully incorporated and scraping well in between additions. Add vanilla and salt.
- Add one-third of dry ingredients and mix until combined, scrape bowl. Add one-half of orange juice and mix until smooth. Add another third of dry ingredients and once mixed in add remaining orange juice. Finish with remaining dry ingredients followed by 1 cup pecan pieces.
- Scrape mixture into prepared pan until pan is 3/4 full. Bake until an inserted toothpick comes out clean, about 65-75 minutes. (If using a smaller pan, you may have excess batter that you can bake as cupcakes. Bake cupcakes for 20 minutes.)
- Let cake cool for 10-15 minutes before removing from pan.
- For glaze, whisk together concentrated orange juice and orange zest. Gradually add powdered sugar to the desired consistency.
- Scatter pecan pieces and chopped candied orange peel on surface of cake and drizzle with orange glaze.
Imperial Sugar Insight
NOTE: Select flour with 3 grams/protein on nutrition facts label.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments