- 1 stick + 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, soft
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour*
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Blend butter and confectioners sugar well. Add egg, salt and vanilla extract and blend until smooth. Add flour and mix until just combined.
- Reserve a generous tablespoon of dough and press remaining dough evenly into a pan measuring 10 x 15 inch, shaping up sides perfectly.
- Prick dough with a fork and bake until light golden. If any patchwork is required for sides or bottom, use reserved dough and place for 2 minutes in oven. (Make certain no holes larger than the ones created by the fork are visible. Otherwise, filling could seep between crust and pan.)
- Prepare filling: In a large bowl whisk eggs smooth. Add heavy cream and vanilla extract. Mix in brown and granulated sugar, flour and salt. Add pecans.
- Pour mixture into the prebaked crust and place in oven for 38-43 minutes or until center is set.
- Let cool before cutting.