- 1 1/2 sticks (12 tablespoons) unsalted butter, soft
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 large egg + 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour*
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- For crust, mix butter and powdered sugar using a paddle attachment until well blended. Add egg and egg yolk and mix until well combined. Add salt and vanilla.
- Add flour in one step and, on low speed, mix until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Press dough evenly flat onto a sheet of plastic food film. Place dough in refrigerator or freezer for at least 30 minutes or until well chilled.
- Meanwhile chill work surface area that you will be rolling dough on by placing 1-2 cookie sheets filled with ice cubes on area.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Set aside a mini muffin tin with 24 holes and a round cutter about 1/2-inch wider than muffin tin hole.
- Sprinkle chilled area lightly with flour and roll half of dough to 1/8-inch thickness.
- Cut dough using round cutter and press dough into pan to create cups.
- Repeat with remaining dough and if needed chill dough leftover trimmings and roll once more.
- Prick bottom of tart dough and place in oven. After about 4-5 minutes of baking check tassies. If big bubbles formed, press these down. (A gloved hand will make this feel less hot on hands.)
- Return to oven and bake until edges are light golden, about 10-12 additional minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 325°F.
- In a bowl whisk egg until well combined. Melt butter and whisk in along with vanilla. Add a third of brown sugar and whisk rapidly. Once combined, add remaining brown sugar and salt.
- Divide pecan pieces equally into tassies. Spoon filling equally over pecans.
- Place in oven and bake for about 20 minutes.
- After 10-15 minutes remove tassies from pans. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and decorate with pecan halves.