Peppermint Bark Cheesecake
- Three bricks (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- Pinch salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- Mini chocolate chips
- Crushed candy canes
- 2 tablespoons peppermint extract
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Place one 8-ounce package of cream cheese, 1/2 cup of sugar and cornstarch in a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed until creamy, about 3 minutes, then beat in remaining packages of cream cheese.
- Increase mixer speed to high and beat in remaining sugar. Next beat in the salt, peppermint extract. Blend in eggs one at a time, beating only until completely blended. Mix in sour cream and heavy cream. Be careful not to over mix batter. Fold in chocolate chips and crushed candy cane pieces.
- Pour batter into silicone molds or 9-inch springform pan wrapped in aluminum foil. Bake cheesecakes until top is lightly browned, roughly 25 minutes. If making one large cheesecake, bake for roughly one hour in a water bath. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Top with additional chocolate chips and crushed candy.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Susan Whetzel @doughmesstic.