Peppermint Butter Cream Frosting
- 1 cup (2 sticks) plus one tablespoon soft unsalted butter
- 1 box (16 ounce) Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Pinch salt
- Crushed peppermint candies
- Fresh mint sprigs
- Mix butter until light and fluffy. Add one cup of powdered sugar and combine well. Add remaining powdered sugar and mix until light and fluffy.
- Add peppermint, milk, and pinch of salt. Mix until well blended.
- Garnish with crushed peppermint candies or fresh mint sprigs, if desired.
Peppermint extract can be increased or decreased according to taste preference.