Peppermint Chocolate Drop Cookies
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 package white candy melts
- 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candies
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream butter and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy using an electric mixer, about 3 minutes.
- Add egg and vanilla. Beat until combined.
- Add cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and flour.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in remaining 2 Tablespoons of sugar.
- Place on baking sheets, 2 inches apart. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes. Let cool on sheets for 3 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cook completely.
- After cookies have cooled, melt candy melts according to package directions. Place 1 teaspoon melted candy melt in the center of each cookie. Sprinkle generously with crushed peppermint.
- Let set completely.