- 8 mint candies or 4 mint candy canes
- 1/3 cup + 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 (11 oz) bags classic white chips
- 1 1/2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- Using the back of a knife or a rolling pin, crush mints to small pieces and set aside.
- In a saucepan bring whipping cream and sugar to a boil. Remove from heat and whisk in butter and one 11-ounce bag white chips. When dissolved add chopped candies and peppermint.
- Set aside until mixture has firmed and holds its shape, about one hour.
- Prepare a cutting board with a sheet of plastic wrap. Scoop truffle mixture using a 2 teaspoon melon baller or cookie scoop. Alternatively, pipe mixture using a piping bag with a plain round tip.
- Using your hands, roll in a perfect ball shape; if too soft, place briefly in refrigerator.
- Melt remaining bag of white chips in a microwave oven-proof bowl.
- Heat in 8-10 second increments until nearly melted while stirring chips well in between heatings.
- Roll truffle balls in melted white chocolate to coat well. Place finished truffles back onto the plastic lined cutting board and let set on counter until hardened.
- Keep truffles refrigerated.