Perfect Pecan Pie
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, whites separated from yolks
- 9-inch pie crust, defrosted
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a stand mixer, cream butter and sugar for 1 minute.
- Add vanilla extract and egg yolks, beat for 30 additional seconds until well blended.
- In a small bowl, batter pecans with flour. Stir pecans in with butter mixture.
- In another bowl, beat egg whites using an electric mixer until stiff (1-2 minutes). Fold whites into butter pecan mixture.
- Pour into unbaked pie shell and bake 40 minutes. Turn the oven off and allow pie to rest in the oven for an additional hour to set. Enjoy immediately or refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Delicious pecan pie and is easy to assemble!