Piece of Pecan Pie Decorated Cookies
Brown Sugar and Orange Cut-Out Cookies
- Tinted brown, gold, and white Royal Icing
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans, toasted
- Squeeze bottle
- 2 piping bags
- Icing coupler
- Icing tips: #3 and small star
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment.
- Whisk flour and baking powder together. Set aside.
- Cream butter with both sugars for several minutes, until combined and fluffy. Beat in vanilla, zest, and egg, mixing until combined.
- In 3 additions, add flour mixture on low speed. Scrape down sides and bottom of bowl as needed. Dough may be crumbly. Knead stray bits of flour in by hand if needed.
- On a floured surface, roll dough to 3/8-inch. Cut with cookie cutter and place on lined cookie sheet. Freeze shapes for 5-10 minutes before baking. (This helps them retain their shape.)
- Bake for 12 minutes, or until done. Let sit on cookie sheet for 2 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Jump over to our Sweetalk Blog for step-by-step decorating instructions.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Bridget Edwards @Bake at 350.