Pina Colada Sorbet
- Place sugar and water into a heavy bottom saucepan. Heat over medium heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Continue cooking until mixture is reduced by half. Set aside to cool.
- Place cored pineapple and any juice, cream of coconut and rum into blender. Puree.
- Transfer pineapple mixture into a shallow baking pan. Cover with plastic wrap and transfer to freezer.
- Every hour scrape mixture with a fork. Do this until mixture is at flake consistency. Approximately 4 hours.
- Scoop mixture into glasses.
Imperial Sugar Insight
NOTE: This boozy frozen treat is for adults only, but for a kid-friendly version you can omit the coconut rum and replace with 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract instead.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Paula Jones @bellalimento.