Pineapple Cheesecake Pizza
- 4 oz. crispy rice cereal, crushed
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened (reduced or full fat)
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- Zest from one lemon
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 can (20 oz) crushed pineapple in its own juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine crispy rice cereal, butter, and 1 tablespoon sugar in a medium bowl. Press into the bottom of a 12-inch pizza pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool completely.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, milk, sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, and vanilla on low speed until smooth. Spread over cooled crust. Cover and chill for 2 hours.
- Add undrained pineapple and cornstarch to a small saucepan. Cook until bubbling, stirring constantly. Continue to cook for an additional 2 minutes until thick.
- Let cool completely. Spread pineapple mixture over cheese layer. Cover and chill for an additional 2 hours.
This recipe first appeared in the Homemade Good News Cookbook Vol. IX No. 1.