*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment mix butter and both sugars together on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Add in egg, pineapple, vanilla, baking soda, and salt and mix until combined.
- Turn mixer to low and add in flour until just incorporated. Add 1 cup of the toasted coconut.
- Using a medium (2 tablespoon) cookie scoop, drop dough onto prepared baking sheet 2-inches apart. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup toasted coconut on top of dough and bake for 9-10 minutes until edges are lightly golden and tops are set.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Shelly Jaronsky @CookiesandCups.