Pineapple Cranberry Banana Bread
- 3 cups all-purpose flour*
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray two 9 x 5-inch or 4 mini loaf pans with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine flour, salt, baking soda, sugar, and cinnamon.
- In another bowl, combine eggs, oil, applesauce, bananas, cranberries, pineapple, vanilla, and almond extract.
- Add wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until combined. Pour evenly into prepared pans.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes, remove from pans, then finish cooling on wire rack.
This recipe comes from Sweetalk member Julie Drabek who won Third Place in the Favorite Quick Bread category at the 2019 Louisiana State Fair.