- 1 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 can (15 oz) crushed pineapple, drained
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 roll-out refrigerated pie crusts
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Mix sugar, butter, pineapple, flour, vanilla, and eggs until well combined.
- Line a pie plate with one pie crust. Pour in filling and top with second crust. Trim and crimp edges. Cut three slits into center of pie to vent.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then reduce heat to 350°F for 40 minutes. Cool completely before slicing.
- Top with whipped cream or homemade vanilla ice cream if desired.
Imperial Sugar Insight
This recipe was shared with us by Sweetalk member Barbara Johnson, and it won Third Place in the Favorite Pie category at the 2019 Louisiana State Fair.