Pink Velvet Macaroons
- 1 1/3 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour*
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pink food coloring
- Pink sprinkles or sugar pearls, optional
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl stir together coconut, sugar, cocoa powder, flour, and salt until combined.
- Add egg whites, vanilla, and a few drops of pink food coloring. Stir until evenly mixed. Add more food coloring to achieve your desired shade of pink.
- Using a 2 tablespoon-sized cookie scoop, portion batter out and place onto prepared baking sheet 2 inches apart.
- Decorate with sprinkles as desired.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 2-3 minutes, and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store airtight at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Shelly Jaronsky @CookiesandCups.