- 3 pounds plums, quartered and pits removed
- 4 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup bottled lemon juice
- Optional: Zest of 1/2 orange
- Combine quartered plums, sugar and lemon juice in large heavy-bottomed pot. Turn burner to medium-high and stir frequently until sugar dissolves and plums begin to release their juices. Continue to cook and stir often as jam simmers and thickens, taking care that bottom does not burn. While jam is simmering, remove plum skins with a spoon.
- Once jam has thickened and has reached a temperature of 220°F degrees on a candy thermometer (approximately 30 minutes), remove from heat and stir in orange zest if using.
- Ladle jam into warm, sterilized jars. Center a lid and place jar bands on just to finger-tip tight. Process the jam in a water bath for 10 minutes. Remove from pot and let cool before storing up to a year.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Kelley Epstein @Mountain Mama Cooks.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments