Plum Sweet Bread Crescents
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- For filling, in a sauce pan, add butter, lemon juice, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, cayenne pepper and water. Place on high heat for a minute while stirring to mix all ingredients together. Add plums and cook until mixture comes to a boil.
- Then, add thickening solution and reduce heat to low. Let simmer to thicken for 5 minutes while stirring. Remove from heat and set aside for dough.
- Using a measuring cup, heat 1/4 cup water to 110°F and add one teaspoon of sugar to hot water. Using a thermometer, check that temperature so it is not more than 110°F before adding yeast. After a couple of minutes, yeast will foam up and is ready to add to the dough mix.
- In a large mixing bowl, add eggs, sour cream, melted butter, milk, salt and stir mixture till it is smooth. Next, add sugar and continue to stir till sugar has thickened liquid mixture.
- Now add yeast mixture and continue to mix while folding in flour. Once all flour is mixed in and dough has a sticky elastic consistency, pour out of bowl onto a floured surface and knead for a couple minutes.
- Shape dough into a ball and put into a greased bowl. Cover with a damp cloth and set in a warm oven for 40 minutes. The dough should double in size.
- Pour dough out onto a floured surface and using a rolling pin, dust with flour and flatten to about 1/4 inch thick. Using a pizza cutter, cut dough into triangles.
- Spoon some of plum filling onto each triangle and roll up and place on a greased cookie sheet. Preheat oven to 350°F and bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from oven to cool. Dust with powdered sugar and serve.