- 4 ripe, but firm, Bosc pears
- 1 lemon, cut in half
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons Creme De Cassis or Chambord Liqueur
- 1, 2-inch strip lemon peel
- Use a vegetable peeler and carefully remove skin from pears.
- Cut a small slice from bottom of pears to make a flat base.
- Cut lemon in half and rub half of lemon over peeled pears.
- Squeeze juice from other half of lemon into a saucepan that is large enough to hold pears.
- Add remaining ingredients to saucepan (except pears).
- Bring mixture to a boil, whisking occasionally to dissolve sugar.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to a simmer.
- Add pears and cover. Simmer on low for 30 minutes.
- Pears should be tender but not mushy.
- Remove pears from liquid and let cool at room temperature, occasionally pour some of poaching liquid over pears as they cool.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe tested for Imperial Sugar by Angie Barrett @BigBearsWife.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments