Poison Candy Apples
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and use butter to hold it in place.
- De-stem and wash apples.
- Put a wooden stick into the top of each apple, pushing it halfway through.
- In a medium saucepan combine sugar, water, corn syrup, and food coloring.
- Bring mixture to a boil over high heat then reduce heat to medium-high. Use a candy thermometer to monitor temperature, boiling until 300°F for about 15 minutes.
- When mixture reaches 300°F, remove from heat. Dip apples in mixture until completely coated. Be sure to do this quickly as the candy mixture will harden fast! Put them on the cookie sheet to cool, then wrap in a clear cellophane bag if you like and tie with a bow.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Amy Nash from @houseofnasheats.