- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 stick) butter, room temperature
- 1 cup, packed Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- Praline Frosting
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone liner and set aside.
- In bowl of stand mixer cream butter and brown sugar together until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add in egg and vanilla and mix until smooth, scraping the sides, as necessary.
- Mix in baking soda and salt until combined.
- Stir in flour until evenly incorporated.
- Drop heaping tablespoon sized portions of dough onto lined baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes until edges begin to golden.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- In a medium saucepan combine butter, cream, brown sugar and salt over medium heat. Heat mixture until it comes to a boil, stirring frequently. Once it comes to a boil, allow it to boil for one minute and then remove from heat.
- Immediately add vanilla and powdered sugar, stirring until smooth. Finally, stir in nuts.
- Allow mixture to sit for 5 minutes and then spread on top of cookies.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Shelly Jaronsky @CookiesandCups.