- 2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup stewed prunes, cut up
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Well grease and flour a 10-inch tube or Bundt pan (or mini-loaf pans). Set aside.
- Beat together sugar, oil, and eggs. Sift together flour, spices, and salt. Dissolve baking soda in buttermilk. Add buttermilk mixture alternately with flour mixture to sugar/egg mixture, beginning and ending with flour. Stir in prunes and pecans by hand.
- Pour into prepared pan(s). Bake 1 hour to 1-1/2 hours, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let rest on wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool completely, top side up, on wire rack.
- NOTE: To make stewed prunes, place a package of pitted prunes in a saucepan and barely cover with water. Cook on medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until prunes are soft and most of liquid has evaporated, about 30-40 minutes. Let cool. Using fingers, break apart prunes until you have 1 cup. Reserve remaining prunes to eat on toast for breakfast.