- 6 1/2 cups whole milk, divided
- 1 (4-inch) cinnamon stick
- 1/3 cup Imperial Sugar Dark Brown Sugar
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Ground cinnamon for garnish
- Heat 6 cups milk and cinnamon stick in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- When milk begins to boil add sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Add pumpkin and nutmeg; stir to mix well and bring to a simmer; about 10 minutes.
- Whisk remaining milk and cornstarch in a small bowl until corn starch dissolves. Add to large saucepan with pumpkin mixture and boil for 3 minutes. Serve hot and garnish with a sprinkle of ground cinnamon.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Ericka Sanchez @nibblesandfeasts.