Pumpkin Bread with Ginger Icing
- 11/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger or 1 teaspoon ground ginger
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Prepare a 9”x5” bread loaf pan by coating sides with softened butter and a dusting of flour.
- In a large bowl, whisk to combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- In another large bowl, stir to combine pumpkin puree, eggs, sugars, melted butter, vanilla extract and nutmeg. Add pumpkin mixture to flour and fold in until just combined. Evenly pour into prepared pan. Bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Carefully remove from pan and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Icing: In a bowl, combine powdered sugar, milk, and ginger; whisk until smooth. Once bread has cooled completely pour icing evenly over pumpkin bread. Slice and serve.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Meredith Steele @InSockMonkeySlippers.