Pumpkin Carrot Cake
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup sweetened, shredded coconut
- 1/ cup raisins
- 1 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup pepitas, for garnish
- 2 large cinnamon sticks, for garnish
- 1/3 cup sweetened, shredded coconut, for garnish
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour three 8 1/2-inch cake pans.
- In a large bowl, combine carrots, pumpkin, coconut, raisins, sugar, vegetable oil, egg, and vanilla extract. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, and salt. Incorporate dry ingredients into wet, stirring until just combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pans. Bake for 30 minutes, then allow to chill completely before frosting.
- To make frosting, whip butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add in powdered sugar and cinnamon and whip to combine, about 2 minutes.
- Place first cake on a cake stand, then top with roughly 1 cup of frosting. Layer second and third layers, frosting same amount in between each. Frost edges of cake with remaining frosting, then sprinkle coconut around edges. Top with pepitas and cinnamon sticks.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Sarah Fennel @BromaBakery.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments