Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Scones
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cut
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 400 °F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and pumpkin pie spice. Cut in the butter with pastry cutter or fork until butter is mixed in.
- In separate bowl, whisk together pumpkin, milk and egg. Fold the pumpkin mixture into the dry ingredients along with the chocolate chips. You may need to add more flour until you can form a soft dough ball.
- Place dough ball onto lightly floured surface. Knead 5 or 6 times until smooth. Flatten into round circle about 1 inch thick, then cut circle into triangle shaped scones.
- Place scones on baking sheet and bake 14-16 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Susan Whetzel @doughmesstic.