Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 1/4 cups pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs (room temperature)
- 1/4 cup olive or vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar or Imperial Sugar Dark Brown Sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 3 tablespoons instant yeast
- 1/4 cup water lukewarm
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) + 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, soft
- 3/4 well packed Imperial Sugar Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon (most delicious is Vietnamese)
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts or pecan pieces
- 4 cups (or 1lb box) Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 6 tablespoons orange juice concentrate or orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- In a machine mixing bowl combine pumpkin puree with eggs, oil, brown sugar, vanilla, ginger, cloves, and salt. Place flour on top.
- Combine yeast with lukewarm water and place on top of flour.
- Using dough hook, mix dough until elastic and smooth, about 5-7 minutes on medium speed.
- Cover bowl with plastic food wrap and set in a warm place (top of refrigerator) and allow dough to rise until doubled in volume, about 60-80 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare filling by whisking butter, brown sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon until smooth. Set aside at room temperature. Do not add nuts.
- Prepare 2 large cookie sheets by either brushing liberally with butter or line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- When dough has doubled in size remove from bowl. This will make dough collapse and is normal and required.
- On a well-floured surface roll dough into a rectangle measuring roughly 24-inches long and 15-inches wide.
- Spread cinnamon paste evenly over surface and sprinkle with nuts.
- Starting from bottom edge roll dough forward into a long roll. Cut dough crosswise in half. Cut each half in half again and then cut each piece into 4 equal pieces.
- Place 8 rolls per cookie sheet 1 1/2 inches apart and cover with plastic food wrap.
- Place in a warm place until rolls have gained about 75% in volume, this will take nearly one hour. Meanwhile preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place proofed buns in oven and bake until light golden brown, about 27-30 minutes. Meanwhile prepare glaze whisking powdered sugar, juice, vanilla, and salt extract smooth. Cover and set aside.
- Remove rolls from oven and let sit cool for about 5-10 minutes.
- Cover with glaze and serve.
Imperial Sugar Insight
NOTE: Select flour with 4 grams/protein on nutrition facts label.