Pumpkin Cookies with Whipped Cream Frosting
- 3 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Whipped Cream Frosting
- 2 cups heavy or whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 3 cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside. If you have only 2 cookie sheets, remaining batter can be baked after initial batch is removed from oven.
- Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a microwave-safe bowl until melted, do not boil!
- In a bowl large enough to hold all ingredients whisk together eggs, melted butter, and oil until smooth.
- Add pumpkin puree, sugar, salt, and vanilla extract. Whisk until well combined. Add sifted dry ingredients and mix until batter is smooth. Do not over mix.
- Either use a piping bag fitted with a large-sized plain tip or using a spoon, drop/pipe three tablespoon amounts onto prepared cookie sheets leaving about 2-inches space between
- Place in oven and bake until center of cookies bounce back when lightly pressed with a finger, about 13-14 minutes. Let cool.
- Whip cream, sugar, and vanilla to stiff peaks.
- Flip half of cookies upside down. Fill cookies with a spoon or place cream in a pastry bag fitted with a large French star tip. Pipe cream onto one cookie and top with another.