Pumpkin Cranberry Buttermilk Bread
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin (pure pumpkin puree)
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar, well-packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups fresh cranberries
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease two 8-inch loaf pans with butter. Line with parchment paper to easily lift the loaves out. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, pumpkin spice, baking soda, baking powder, and salt until well combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together pumpkin, both sugars, eggs, and vanilla extract. Slowly whisk in flour mixture, alternating with buttermilk, until no lumps remain. Fold in cranberries.
- Divide batter evenly into prepared loaf pans. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool and remove from pan to cool completely. Store any leftovers in an airtight container for up to three days.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Jessica Segarra @TheNoviceChef.