Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bites with Praline Topping
- 2 cups crushed graham crackers
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- Baking spray
Pumpkin Cheesecake Filling
- 1/4 cup firmly packed Imperial Sugar Dark Brown Sugar
- 6 ounces heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecan halves
- For mini crusts, preheat oven to 325°F.
- Spray a mini muffin pan with baking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix crushed graham crackers and butter. Add 1/2 tablespoon of mixture to each cavity of a mini muffin pan and press mixture down tightly with the h back of a spoon.
- Bake in preheated oven for 5 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- Prepare pumpkin cheesecake: In a stand mixer, cream together soft cream cheese and both sugars until smooth.
- Mix in egg.
- Remove bowl from mixer, add pumpkin, spices, and vanilla. Carefully mix by hand until combined.
- Spoon one tablespoon of pumpkin cheesecake mixture into each mini crust.
- Bake pumpkin cheesecakes bites for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on a rack at room temperature.
- Place mini cheesecakes in a refrigerator overnight.
- When ready to serve, preheat oven to 350°F.
- Toast pecan halves for eight minutes.
- When cool, chop toasted pecans into small pieces.
- In a small saucepan, bring all topping ingredients to a boil except pecans.
- Boil for three minutes, watching to make sure it doesn’t boil over. Remove from heat and stir in pecans.
- Allow mixture to cool for 10 minutes.
- While topping is cooling, remove cheesecake bites from refrigerator. Use a small paring knife to run around edges of cheesecakes and remove from mini muffin pan.
- Place on serving tray. Once topping has cooled for 10 minutes, top mini cheesecake bites with 1/2 tablespoon of topping mixture.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Angie Barrett @BigBearsWife.