Pumpkin Gingersnap Ice Cream
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2/3 cup Imperial Sugar Dark Brown Sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups gingersnap cookies, broken into pieces
- Optional: Crumbled gingersnaps, for topping
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, heat milk, cream, brown sugar, and egg yolks for 5-7 minutes, stirring constantly with a rubber spatula. The mixture will be ready when it thickens and coats the back of a spoon. Immediately remove from heat and stir in pumpkin puree, spices, and salt.
- Transfer mixture to a large freezer-safe plastic bag, then seal tightly. Place bag so it sits horizontally in the freezer. Freeze for 1 1/2 hours, or until the mixture begins to freeze around the edges.
- Once chilled, add into ice cream maker and churn according to manufacturer's instructions. Remove from ice cream maker and stir in broken gingersnap cookies. Freeze for at least 12 hours in a freezer-safe container. Top with crumbled gingersnaps before serving.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Sarah Fennel @BromaBakery.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments