Pumpkin Pie Macaroons
- 14 ounces unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar + 2 tablespoons, divided
- 7 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs + 1 tablespoon, divided
- 4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice + 1/2 teaspoon, divided
- 2 large egg whites, room temperature
- Chocolate Ganache
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine coconut, 1/2 cup sugar, sweetened condensed milk, flour, pumpkin puree, graham cracker crumbs, and pumpkin pie spice. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whip egg white, adding remaining 2 tablespoons sugar slowly, until stiff peaks form. Fold into coconut mixture.
- Using a 1-ounce cookie scoop, portion out macaroons, packing them tightly before placing onto cookie sheets. Bake one tray at a time for 18-20 minutes, turning halfway. Cool on cookie sheet for 10 minutes then move to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Prepare chocolate ganache. Dip cooled macaroons into chocolate and place on wax paper to set. Using a piping bag or parchment cone, drizzle melted chocolate onto macaroons. Combine 1 tablespoon graham cracker crumbs with 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice. Sprinkle graham cracker pumpkin spice mix for garnish.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Terri Truscello Miller from @LoveandConfections.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments
Nov 12, 2019